Wednesday, October 4, 2017

I Hope This Helps You Heal

Dear Readers, 

I am cold. I feel goosebumps under my ballet tights and the warm air, from the heater blows onto the car windshield. I listen to one of my favorite playlist as I drive to school. I am in a peppy mood. 
As I sit at my desk and wait for my class to start I get on my phone... per usual except this time it is far from that. I read so many headlines about so many lives lost and way to many people injured. 
I start to feel numb. 

"This can not be." I keep saying over and over to myself. 
"This can not be."
I was in my class physically but mentally I was in Las Vegas. 
I went to my other classes and after I got home I just cried.
Once my tears started I could not get them to stop and all I could was let my emotions do what they wanted because that is what my soul needed. 
It needed to scream. 

In all honesty lovelies... I still feel a little numb from it but I am doing so much better. I am seeing that we are in mourning right now, as a country, and as a world. 
I feel many things about this and I do have my political opinions but I do not want to bring politics here and so I digress. 

I guess I am sharing my thoughts from that day with each of you to let you know that you are not alone. Your emotions are real and you feel them for as long as you need to. It's okay to hurt. It's okay to cry. And it's even okay to be angry. 
You. Are. Human. 

"Whatever you are going through, however dark it may seem, there is an undeniable truth and strength in the fact that you are not alone. We all have struggles. And as long as you never give up on yourself. Light will break through the darkness."
-Kesha

Be strong lovelies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment