Friday, December 29, 2017

Auld Lang Syne

Dear Readers, 

Is it just me or have you lovelies been reflecting a lot on this past year???

I have been thinking about this past year a lot and one word that comes to my mind is grateful. 
I am grateful for all that has occurred within these almost 365 days 
I am grateful for each tear that I have shed... which have been a lot. 
I am grateful for each laugh I have chuckled.
I am grateful for each friend I have made.
I am grateful for all the opportunities I have had to speak about my suicide attempt and coming out as a gay man. 
I am grateful for Ballet. 
I am grateful for the opportunities I have been given with school and business. 
But I am most grateful to still be breathing. 

In August of this year I had the opportunity to celebrate my 1 year anniversary of my Suicide Attempt and it was the most beautiful night of my life. I was surrounded by my “tribe” of people who helped me heal within that year to get me to want to continue to live. It was hard and on some days it’s still hard beyond belief. I still feel so weak at times and have the thought that my depression might win and in all honesty that scares me. 

With this new year fastly approaching the two words I have chosen are: Humility and Life

I have chosen those two words to remind me that I need to be humble. I need to stay grounded and not let myself get greedy and/or selfish. I need to reach outward to my fellow man. 
I chose the word Life to remind myself that life is beautiful. Life is a gift. Life is WORTH living. 

I am so excited for the year 2018 and all it has in store for me and for each of you too! 

Happy New Year, lovelies. I am so grateful for each of you and your beauty.

Never forget that and never forget hope.

You are loved. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment